We recommend the following fine establishments:


Humphrey’s Half Moon Inn

Lush, manicured grounds you are just minutes away from all that is the best in San Diego, California.  Situated on secluded Shelter Island, Humphreys Half Moon Inn is close to popular landmarks and attractions like sparkling beaches, the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter.

Humphreys Half Moon Inn (near Pacific Rim Park, San Diego)
2303 Shelter Island Drive, Point Loma
San Diego, CA 92106

WorldMark San Diego – Inn at the Park

Located in the vibrant Hillcrest neighborhood, this hotel is central to many attractions and sights and is within walking distance to the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park attractions, lively nightlife, fine dining, corner cafes, and designer boutiques.

WorldMark San Diego - Inn at the Park
525 Spruce Street
San Diego, CA 92103
Tel: 619-291-0999


Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

Enjoy the vibrant culture and natural beauty of San Diego right outside your door.  Located on San Diego Bay and offering a spectacular waterfront resort-like setting complete with shopping, dining, and within walking distance to restaurants, bars, and nightclubs located in the Gaslamp District.  

Manchester Grant Hyatt San Diego
1 Market Place
San Diego, California, USA, 92101
Tel: +1 619 232 1234


Omni San Diego Hotel

The luxury hotel located in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter puts you close to the city’s top sites and attractions.  Balboa Park, harbor cruises, or catch a Padres baseball game at PETCO Park.  

San Diego, California 92101
Phone: (619) 231-6664


Rooms in Private Homes

A limited number of rooms in private homes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.  There may be a fee for this option.  Please contact us for details.  


Travel Documents

For U.S. citizens – a passport or visa is required to travel into Mexico.   For more information on obtaining or renewing your passport visit


For Mexico citizens - A visa and passport are not required of a Mexican national who is in possession of a Form DSP-150, B-1/B-2 Visa and *Border Crossing Card, containing a machine-readable biometric identifier, issued by the Department of State and is applying for admission as a temporary visitor for business or pleasure from contiguous territory by land or sea. 

Mexican citizens using the Border Crossing Card may travel 55 miles into the U.S. - except in the Nogales/Tucson area, where travel to Tucson is authorized.

The Border Crossing Card (BCC) is acceptable as a stand-alone document (by itself) only for travel from Mexico by land, or by pleasure vessel or ferry. Together with a valid passport, though, it meets the documentary requirements for entry at all land, air, and sea ports of entry (to include travel from Canada).  Note: You must be a Mexican citizen and a resident of Mexico to have a BCC.

For All Other International Travelers – a passport of visa is required to enter Mexico from the U.S.  Please contact the international affairs office of your home country to obtain the proper documentation for travel between the U.S. and Mexico. 


Local Transportation

Registered international attendees and special guests will be provided transportation to scheduled events and cultural tours.  Further information will be provided in your registration packet.  For all other travel needs we recommend:

Getting Around San Diego -

Welcome to San Diego, California’s Beach City